Lunch Unplugged Brings Co'Motion Dance Theatre to the Stage
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Lunch Unplugged brings Co’Motion Dance Theatre to the stage this Friday, Feb. 24 from Noon – 1 p.m. at The Temple Theatre. Co’Motion Dance Theatre is an Ames-based modern dance company which has been delighting audiences since 1978. The company has toured modern dance throughout the upper Midwest from Ohio to Montana. Artistic Director, Valerie Williams, known for her quirky sense of humor, leads a company that values adventure, originality and staying on the cutting edge of movement technology.
Lunch Unplugged continues through the end of March with an entertaining lineup including NBC’s The Voice contestant Chris Cauley performing next Wednesday, Feb. 29. The remainder of the series is below:
- Co’Motion Dance – Iowa – based modem dance company - Friday, Feb. 24
- Chris Cauley – Soul influenced singer/songwriter - Wednesday, Feb. 29
- Truckstop Souvenir – Folk/Americana singer/songwriting duo - Friday, Mar. 9
- Fire and Romance with Dr. Jonathan Sturm – Violin/piano classical music recital - Thursday, Mar. 22
- Karla Bonoff – Singer/Songwriter - Friday, Mar. 30
Additional artist information can be found at www.lunchunplugged.com. Lunch Unplugged’s presenting sponsor is Mercy College of Health Sciences and concert sponsors include BH Management Services, Inc., Davis Brown Law Firm, DriveTime Des Moines, Meredith, Nationwide Insurance and Principal Financial Group.
All media inquiries should be directed to Kari Tindall at (515) 402-0766 or Dale Stark at (515) 246-2363.