The Des Moines Arts Festival Recieves Encore Award At Seventh-Annual Bravo Greater Des Moines Awards Gala
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012
The Des Moines Arts Festival was presented with the prestigious Encore Award at the seventh-annual Bravo Greater Des Moines Awards Gala on Saturday at Hy-Vee Hall.
“This is an incredible honor, especially given that this recognition comes from Bravo, an organization that I have such a tremendous amount of respect for,” Stephen King, Des Moines Arts Festival Executive Director told the estimated 1,100 guests in attendance. “Thank you to Bravo and to the Encore Award committee. We are proud of this recognition and will continue to work toward emulating everything it stands for.”
The Encore Award recognizes Bravo-funded organizations focusing on arts and culture in Greater Des Moines that have demonstrated going above and beyond the normal, procedural course of programming during the 2010 and/or 2011 calendar years. The Encore Award acknowledges an organization with programming incorporating one, two or three of the following elements:
- Built-in funding with positive financial impact;
- Long-term, sustained benefits to organization and community;
- Responsible use of natural resources with minimal maintenance.
- Extending beyond the organization’s core mission;
- Profit-center, generating incremental funding;
- Element of risk with a business/management focus.
- Out-of-the-box thinking including revolutionary, functional changes in processes and producing positive changes;
- Increase organization’s value and/or productivity;
- Built upon previous successes.
King also expressed his gratitude for the Festival’s sponsors who “provide us the funding and partnership to execute outside the box and provide the freedom to explore new and creative ideas.”
The Des Moines Arts Festival is presented by The Des Moines Register, founded by the Des Moines Art Center and produced by Downtown Events Group. The 2012 Festival will be held June 22-24 in downtown Des Moines’ Western Gateway Park. For more information visit www.desmoinesartsfestival.org.